What is the purpose of an insulated torque wrench? This tool is used to ensure proper torque control and also, eliminate the possibility of product failure due to shorting, arcing or other electrical damage. Insulated torque wrenches are for those ligh-threatening high voltage and low volate electrical assembly applications where over-torque condiions and are not tolerated and operat safety is a-must.
If you are looking for an insulated torque wrench, you can find a lot of them in your local hardware but if you don’t have time to visit physical stores, you can always shop online. Here are some insulate torque wrenches that you must keep an eye on because they are considered to be the best among others.
Mountz 1000V Insulated Torque Wrench
- Built to protect against volatges up to 1,000 volts
- Availbel in cam-over wrench models and break-over wrench models.
- Designed with non-conductove plastic insulation
Cementex 50250TW38I Torque Wrench 50-250 in-lbs 3/8” Drive
- Accurate torque settings
- Two calibration adjustments to allow easy and precise torque settings
- Dual scale models give readings in in. -lns/Newton Meters or ft.-lbs/Newton Meters
- Spring-loaded or twist-locking collar locs scale of desired reading and remains in locked position.
- Heavy-duty, reversible ratchet models have quick shift lever to allow easy single-hand shifting
PEL Double Insulated Torque Wrench
- Meet or exceed ASTM F1505-01 and IEC 900 standars for insulated hand tools
- Impact resistent and flame retardant materials used
- Two-color insulation will make inspection easier and this will add to overall safety.
- Helps meet OSHA requirements
- Tested to 10,000 VAC and rated for 1000 VAC Maximum Exposure
Those are some of the insulated torque wrenches that you can purchase today.
Aside from all the models of insulated torque wrenches listed above, you can also get yourself an insulated torque wrench kit. This way, all the necessary tools will be in one package and there is no need for you to buy another one. An insulated torque wrench is good, but what if you need a different kind on insulated torque wrench? However, some still prefer buying separately while others go for the easy road, buying a kit. The choice is up to you, for the kits, you can also buy them at your local hardware store or through the Internet as well.