Did you know that you can easily make your own RCA cable? Yes indeed! Instead of buying one, why don’t you just make your own? What is this cable? It is a wire that comes with a male RCA connector on both ends, and they are usually pre-made. This wire is usually found in car stereo systems. The cable is used to connect audio components such as amplifiers to preamp outputs of a car receiver. If you’re looking for good quality RCA cables, then you will find that they can get expensive, especially if you prefer the ones with longer lengths.
Why don’t you save some money by making your own? Here’s how:
To make an RCA cable, you will need the following:
- 14 gauge 2-conductor insulated wire
- Male RCA connectors
- Wire cutters
- Soldering Iron
Step by step guide:
- Cut the wire to your desired length with the use of the wire cutter. You should estimate the distance between the devices that you will be connecting in order to cut the cable according to your needs.
- Strip the insulation off of both ends of the wire to expose two leads and the insulation of each lead so there is an exposed ½ of bare wire.
- Select an end of the wire and slide the shell of the RCA connector over the wire and insert the positive lead of the speaker wire into the center post of the conductor. Solder it in place and hold the negative lead against the back post of the RCA connector and solder it once again.
- When the solder has cooled, slide the shell over the connector and tightly screw it.
Now, that’s very easy, and you can do it on your own!
By knowing how to make an RCA cable, you can save more money instead of spending on RCA cables that can get pretty expensive. Aside from this, making your own will be entertaining, interesting and a great learning experience as well. You can even do plenty of this and give some to your friends who need it.
For those who are looking for an RCA cable and don’t have the time to make one of their own, there are a lot of sellers out there that will provide you with this cable. You can also check out electronics stores.