Throwing knives or knife throwing is a hobby and considered a form of art and you should be equipped with the best throwing knives. Once you practice this hobby, it is best that you perfect because it is very rewarding indeed to perfect such a difficult hobby, difficult, yes but very fulfilling.
For beginners, it is very important for you to get the best throwing knives. Yes, it is advised that you buy cheap ones first because it is likely that you will break the knives during your first practice, but throwing knives whether it comes in cheap prices it can also be the best one for you.
Here are some tips to help you find the best throwing knives for you, beginner or experienced:
- Remember, the weight of the knife is important and it should be around 200g (for beginners). The weight will help with your balancing the knife or knives.
- You will probably get a sharp knife, but this is definitely a no-no. Sharp knives are prone to accidents and can injure you especially if the knife bounces back.
- Make sure that the tip of the knife is not too broad.
- Throwing knives don’t need special handles, although these special handles are designed just to give the person an edge or to express a person’s personality.
- It is best to go for simple knives like rounded ones without spikes.
- If you are an experienced knife thrower, your knives would probably have designs on it and it is okay but still those knives with designs can be sometimes awkward to throw.
Whether experienced or not, you should still read some tips on how to find the best throwing knives out there. You just don’t go and buy it because it looks very nice and it has a nice design. Don’t go for the looks but go for the accuracy it can give you and a knife that will be easy for you to throw and will not cause any unwanted incidents.
In fact, when talking about the weight it should be not too light and not too heavy. The weight of the knife should be just in the average weight. You sure want to hit that target without it wobbling in your hand or having the knife get hooked on your fingers.
To have the best throwing knives out there, you should feel in in your hands and maybe try them at the store. We all have different preferences and wants, it is still up to the person which knife will suit the person best, but following the tips listed above wouldn’t hurt either. At least, you have some knowledge on how you can acquire the best throwing knives for your hobby.