An invitation to a formal event arrived at your mailbox but instead of getting excited, you become doubtful and looked down, at your growing baby bump and thought what to wear at that event. A lot of expecting mothers think that they are not to look sexy or look great when they are pregnant. So, what do you do if you are sent an invitation by a good friend, it will be very embarassing to turn it down. The best thing to do is to head out to the nearest maternity store and try on a couple of maternity cocktail dresses.
If you are pregnant, you might have read that last line twice. Yes, there are maternity cocktail dresses – a lot of them! You want to hear much better news? Maternity cocktail dresses won’t let you look bigger but it will only make you look sexier in your own pregnant way as it can highlight the assets of your pregnant body in the most flattering way.
Aside from that, you will also love the styles of maternity cocktail dresses that are available today. The styles are very suitable with the fashion we have today.
If you’re looking for maternity cocktail dresses or you are about to step out the door, remember these tips first!
- If you are on the shorter side, avoid long gowns at all costs. Instead, go for mid-cut maternity cocktail dresses.
- Comfort must be on the top of your priority. Go for soft materials like cotton, chiffon or organdy.
- Always pick a size that is slightly bigger than your current size. This will give you extra space for you to move around and at the same time, you are bound to grow a bit bigger than you are now because you are pregnant.
- As much as possible, avoid maternity cocktail dresses with intricate and elaborate details. Why? Such dresses can make your body look fuller and plump and surely, you don’t want that!
- If you wish to go for a plain or self-colored maternity cocktail dress, you can always add some accessories like a corsage or a lovely brooche to jazz up that plain outfit of yours.
- Dual-toned dresses also work amazingly during pregnancy. Go for thin fabrics because thicker ones, again, will make you look fuller.
- Don’t compromise on colors just because you have a growing baby bump! Every color from pastels to a deep navy looks gorgeous. Wear it loud and proud!
- The first thing that comes into mind when it comes to cocktail dresses and footwear is, stilettos. Unfortunately, it will be much better if you opt for flats for health reasons.If you are on a tight budget, there are cheap cocktail dresses for pregnant women that you can go for!
- Lastly, take advantage of that beautiful glow you have now. This is the best thing that can complement your cocktail dress.
So, being pregnant is not really a dull nine months. Thanks to technology and our fashion designers we have today. Expecting mothers can still look great and look like their old self with the wonderful maternity clothing. There is no reason anymore for you to turn down any formal event invitation that are about to knock on your door because you can be part of that crowd with a wonderful maternity cocktail dress that can make you look like the most beautiful woman there with an adorable baby bump.